With the release of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the move to consumer directed care within the home care packages program, Steel Pacific Insurance Brokers has, by working closely with support agencies, identified that whilst there are several insurance facilities available to protect care provider organisations, there are currently no insurance facilities in place to protect the Individual Support Service Provider.
Upon discovery of this gap in the industry cover, and through consultation with local carers and care provider organisations, we carried out a comprehensive investigation to identify the extent of this exposure faced by Individual Support Service Providers.
Some of the key concerns that were brought to our attention included:
- Cover for Public Liability;
- Molestation Defence Costs
- Protection for accidental mismanagement or use of medical apparatus/support devices;
- Cover for Good Samaritan Acts;
- Protection for the carer when giving advice;
- Cover for legal defence costs in the event of any litigation;
- Cover for Fundraising Activities and Defamation
Through discussions with several insurance industry bodies we have been able to develop an insurance programme which meets all of the concerns brought to our attention.
We believe our proposal is essential for all Individual Support Service Providers, providing you with security and peace of mind, whilst you go about providing valuable care and assistance to those in need.