TravelCard customer, Dorothy, recently turned 100 years old and here shares with us her best travel tips from years of Domestic and International travel.
- I always pack too much; try and pack lightweight clothes (unless of course you are travelling in winter) and not too many items.
- Mix and match coloured items are the best.
- There is always a laundry on cruise ships and laundromats in many local neighbourhoods.
- Always start under the airlines recommended weight so you can buy things on your travels.
- Always be careful what you have in your cabin luggage. Check with the airlines, and the country to be visited, to make sure you don’t have prohibited items.
Tips for keeping active on long flights
My daughter insists that for long flights we travel ‘business class’ which allows me to put my feet up and have a good sleep when I need it. You have good access to movies and documentaries and I always take my crossword books with me.